Sunday, May 5, 2013

Articualtion Process Posters


15 DAYS TILL SUMMER! I don’t know about you, but summer can’t get here fast enough! I can tell my students feel the same way. Around this time of year, they tend to give up and seem to need a little extra motivation. 

My kiddos tend to be very visual, so I was brainstorming ways to create a visual chart so they could take an active part in their progress. Thus the Articulation Process Chart was born!



The idea is very simple. I took 6 steps SLPs use in articulation therapy and wrote out student friendly definitions. (I realize that you could break this down into more than 6 steps but my goal here was to keep it simple.) The 6 steps I used were generalization, conversation, reading, sentences, words and isolation.

I printed out the pages, laminated them and hot glued them to a ribbon. Then I attached the ribbon to a ring and displayed it in my classroom! It comes in 2 fonts - leopard print letters and pink polka dot letters. 

To grab this product go to Articulation Process Posters!



Each student was given a clothespin with their name and sound written on it. (If they are working on more than one sound they were given multiple clothespins.) The students put their clothespins on the current level they were working on. This has worked as a great visual to show how far they have come with their sound and how much farther they have to go. 

I wish I had done this at the beginning of the year so that they could have been focusing on reaching the top of the ribbon all year! I think that when they get to the top (generalization) I will let them pick a special prize form the treasure box as a reward!

As an added bonus, this has been a helpful visual for my teachers and administrators to see. So few of them understand articulation therapy and how it works. It has opened up opportunities for me to talk about what I am doing with my students and how far they have come!

What are you doing to motivate your students at the end of the year?






eading

4 comments:

Tai Patrice said...

I LOVEEEEE this idea! Can't wait to try this next school year. My artic kiddos need tons of motivation.

Tai Patrice said...

I LOVE this idea! My articulation kiddos need tons of motivation. I can't wait to try this out next year!

Mary said...

This is a GREAT idea! I used progress charts for some of them so they can see if they did better that session, and to see how close they are to the next level.
Thanks for the idea!

S said...

this looks great!




smilespeech.blogspot.ca